Sunday, August 3, 2008

Drinking the Falls

I have given in to the considerable pressure and last night I didn't record the day. I hang my head in shame.

So we decided to to go Squolnamie Falls, where Twin Peaks was set. They lured me with the promise of damn fine pie.

We got about 8 miles from Alex and Beth's house and decided to stop into one of the many wineries for a wine tasting.


Had a great time tasting various wines and I went gaga over the Otis Vineyard 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon. Pictured is a dry rose' that was actually quite good.

Then it was time for lunch, and the Red Hook Brewery was just a short walk away. Had a decent lunch (bad service) and finished just as they were calling for a tour of the brewery to start. We jumped on it, and it turned out to be standing in a room drinking beer while a slightly inebriated blonde explained the history of the company. Between the wine, the beer with lunch, and now about two pints of "samples" the Falls now seemed a distant and silly idea.


We headed back to Alex and Beth's where I surfed the net, Elizabeth napped, and A&B went on a brisk walk.

Then off to a party for one of Alex's co-workers. It was Hawaiian themed, and mai-tai's were in evidence.

We also had an incredible view of the bay, and Elizabeth won the prize for knowing what happened in 1968.

Then back to the house for Euchre. Alex and I lost.

They're calling me to go shower in preparation for today's hike. Hopefully there will be more alcohol producing buildings on the way.

No comments: