Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Higgins

Of the places we could have gone on Sunday, Dick wanted to see WPI. I wasn't exactly clamoring to head back to work during my vacation, but we thought that Higgins Armory would be a decent afternoon.

We got a late start, after Sunday brunch, so we didn't arrive at the armory until 3pm. It closed at 4pm. I've been there before, but Dick was in hog heaven. The armory is great but you really need about 2 hours to do it.

I snapped pictures:



You lookin' at me?


You shall not pass!


Makin' the armor, just makin' the armor.

Afterword we headed to WPI. I always bring visitors in the summer to Higgins House, and they were quite impressed with both the house and the gardens. It's sometimes hard to believe that we have such a beautiful area right on campus. Most of the students never go there. I know I didn't when I was a student. There's even a meditation area, which is quiet and such, with somewhat depressing plaques commemorating students who died while they were still students.

But here's the view from the meditation area:


Then it was driving Mr. City Planner around Worcester because it was raining and we had time to kill. Had an amazing meal at The Sole Proprietor, and our weekend of Tustians was over.

Next up, Janet arrives.

No comments: